The EMAX Babyhawk is the latest Tiny Whoop alternative to have hit the market. It packs a Femto F3 flight controller, an AIO camera with a 25mW VTX.
The EMAX Babyhawk is powered by four Bullet 6A BLHeli 2S-4S ESCs paired with 1104 5000kv brushless motors. The propellers have been custom-designed by EMAX themselves, and measure 2.3 inches.
EMAX say the 85mm brushless drone produces about 500 grams of thrust using a 2S LiPo battery. This sounds more than enough for a nice indoor or outdoor FPV session. (Find here some more indoor FPV drones!)
EMAX’s Babyhawk features a 85mm plastic frame and motor guards. In the RTF version you also get a radio receiver, a transmitter and FPV receiver/goggles.
EMAX Babyhawk: Specifications (RTF Version)
- All-in-one CMOS camera and VTX 25mW
- Femto F3 Flight Controller/PDB board with built-in 5V/3A regulator with LC Filter
- Bullet 6A BLHeli 2S-4S Plug-In ESCs
- EMAX 1104 5000kv brushless motors
- 2.3″ Propellers
- EMAX-made 85mm Molded PC Plastic Body/Frame
- 85mm Molded PC Plastic Motor Guards
- Radio Receiver (protocols to be announced)
- Transmitter (protocols to be announced)
- FPV Receiver/Goggles
There will also be a BNF version of the Babyhawk which will come without the receiver, transmitter and FPV equipment. (What do RTF, BNF mean?)
Final weight of the different configurations:
- Babyhawk + 2.3″ Propellers = 60g
- Babyhawk + 2.3″ Propellers + Motor Guards = 68g
- Babyhawk + 2.3″ Propellers + 2S 300mah lipo = 78g
- Babyhawk + 2.3″ Propellers + Motor Guards + 2S 300mah lipo = 86g
EMAX Babyhawk: Pricing & Availability
The EMAX Babyhawk is said to be costing $99.99 for the BNF version, but it’s not possible to purchase it anywhere yet. Meanwhile, we’ve no idea how much the RTF version will be priced.
Word is that the EMAX Babyhawk will start shipping March 2017, but we cannot verify that as yet.
The EMAX Babyhawk looks like a very interesting Tiny Whoop alternative and its pricing is really competitive. We’ll let you know more about the quadcopter if we will actually review it, but for the time being, what do you guys think about it? Let us know in the comments below!