The FY603 drone is a small fun and cheap quadcopter with a very peculiar propeller protection plastic frame, which allows the aircraft to smash into things and come out in one piece.
There are also some other neat features, not always available on cheaper drones, like Altitude Hold Mode, ‘launch by hand’ (motors will activate when you throw the drone; also, pun not intended), One Key Return and 3D rollovers.
On top of the FY603 we find a 0.3MP camera that will transmit real time video footage to your smartphone through WiFi. Via WiFi you can also control the drone if you so desire, using a smartphone or tablet.
The quadcopter comes with a 3.7V 380mAh lithium-ion battery that ensures a flight time of about 5 to 6 minutes.
FY603 Drone Specifications
- Model: FY603
- Motor Type: Brushed Motor
- Built-in gyro: 6 Axis Gyro
- Material: ABS/PS,Electronic Components
- Kit Types: RTF
- Remote Control: 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Control,WiFi Remote Control
- Detailed Control Distance: 25~30m
- Transmitter Power: 3 x AAA battery(not included)
- Battery: 3.7V 380mAh lithium-ion battery ( built-in )
- Flying Time: 5~6mins
- Charging Time (h): 50 minutes
- Camera Pixels: 0.3MP
FY603 Pricing and Photos
The FY603 will set you back $39 at online stores like GearBest and it’s available in two colors: black and white.
Considering all the features of the FY603, the asking price is rather interesting. Plus it also comes with a protective frame that makes it perfect for beginners, a no-brainer if you find yourself in that category.