If you thought the Tiny Whoop was “tiny”, then wait to see the Eachine Aurora 68, which, as the name suggests, sports a wheelbase of just 68mm. Isn’t that impressive?
The Aurora 68 is a micro FPV racing drone and as such it comes with an on-board camera— a 600TVL HD CMOS 1/4-inch, specifically — and a 5.8g 25MW 48CH NTSC/PAL video transmitter.
The tiny aircraft is also powerful with its four 1102 KV11500 brushless motors, paired with 10A BLHELI_S 16.5 1-2S 4 in 1 ESCs featuring 38.1mm 4-blades propellers. The flight controller is a Minicube F3 Flight controller with built-in OSD (Betaflight).
Eachine’s Aurora 68 only weighs 48 grams without the battery, which for all intents and purposes is a 7.4V 400mah 40C lipo with about 3 minutes of flying in it.
Here’s a comparison with the already small Aurora 90:
Eachine Aurora 68 Specifications
- Wheelbase: 68mm
- Dimensions: 93mm x 93mm x 50mm
- Weight: 48g (battery not included)
- Motors: Eachine 1102 KV11500 brushless motor
- ESC: 10A BLHELI_S 16.5 1-2S 4 in 1 ESC Dshot600
- Propeller: 38.1mm 4-blades propeller
- Camera: 600TVL HD CMOS 1/4 inch
- VTX: 5.8GHz 25MW 48CH NTSC/PAL video transmitter
- Flight Control: Minicube F3 Flight controller built-in OSD
- OSD: Betaflight OSD
- Firmware of flight controller: Betaflight 3.1
- Flight time: 3 minutes
- Rear LED Ready (LED_Strip function)
- Battery: 7.4V 400mah 40C lipo battery
Eachine Aurora 68 Pricing and Photos
The Eachine Aurora 68 comes with different receiver options, from DSM2/DSMX to FlySky and FrSky, they all cost $139.99.
The Aurora 68 isn’t one of the cheapest brushless Tiny Whoop alternatives but its petite size and low weight should make it super fun to fly.
What do you guys think about it? Let us know in the comments below!