WLtoys have just launched the WLtoys Q696-A drone, an FPV quadcopter with an on-board 5MP camera stabilized by a 2-axis motorized gimbal.
The 5MP camera on the WLtoys Q696-A can shoot 1280 x 1080px videos, which is a bit of a weird resolution, photos instead will go up to 1600 x 1200px. The quadcopter can also transmit 5.8Ghz real time video to the transmitter which packs a 4.3-inch monitor, to fly it in FPV.
The drone’s battery has proprietary design quick swap design and a capacity of 2600mAh at 7.4V, for about 13 minutes of flight time.
WLtoys Q696-A Specifications
- Motor type: Brushed
- Controller mode: Mode 2 (Left Hand Throttle)
- Control Distance: 100-150m
- Compatible with Additional Gimbal: Yes
- FPV Distance: about 100m
- FPV Screen Size: 4.3 inches
- Transmitter Power: 4 x 1.5V AA battery (not included)
- Battery: 7.4V 2600mAh 20C LiPo (included)
- Flying Time: 10-13mins
- Charging Time: 200mins
- Camera Pixels: 5MP
- Video Resolution: 1280 x 1080P 30fps
WLtoys Q696-A Pricing and Photos
WLtoys Q696-A is already on sale for $128.99, which isn’t too bad considering it uses high quality 5.8GHz video transmission and comes with a built-in monitor. Still the video it records isn’t actually Full HD and that might deter some people from buying it.