There’s a new interesting FPV accessory coming out of China, it’s the Gold Model OTG FPV receiver, which as the name suggest is a simple FPV receiver that connects to the micro USB port on your smartphone and uses the OTG function to transmit the image on the screen.
The Gold Model 5.8G receiver can be connected to an AV monitor if you prefer so and it can also add OSD for real time flight status.
The receiver supports up to 150 channels in 5.8Ghz and only has one button to either turn it on or off.
Obviously, you need to download an app to make it work, it’s called “Go FPV” and it’s available on Google Play.
How to use your smartphone as a 5.8GHz FPV monitor
- Turn on the USB OTG feature on your phone if turned off.
- Download the ‘Go FPV’ app on Google Play.
- Plug in the Gold Model 5.8Ghz receiver on the USB port
- Voila! You’re ready to use your Android smartphone as a 5.8GHz FPV monitor.
Gold Model 5.8G OTG FPV receiver Specs
- Frequency: 5.8G
- Channels: 150
- Interface: micro USB type-B, RP-SMA female
- Antenna interface: RP-SMA male
- Cable length: 22cm
- App name: Go FPV
- Download: Google Play
- System requirement: Android 4.3 or above, Windows 7 / 10
Gold Model 5.8G OTG FPV receiver Pricing and Photos
The Gold Model 5.8G OTG FPV receiver can be found on Gearbest for about $26.37, which looks like a fair price for what it allows you to do.