We had to wait quite a bit, but finally it’s here: the first DJI Mavic Pro clone! It’s called VISUO XS809W and as you can see from the photo, it definitely looks like a Mavic Pro. Obviously it won’t pack the same advanced hardware present on DJI’s drone, so let’s see what we have instead!
The VISUO XS809W is a foldable drone that features WiFi FPV to transmit live footage to your smartphone, the built-in 2MP camera record 720p videos and has a 120-degrees wide angle lens.
VISUO’s XS809W can be controlled both via the included remote and through your smartphone using the built-in G-sensor, but we don’t see why you would want to do that. The drone can do 3D flips, it has Headless Mode and One-Key Return, so the drone will automatically come back were it took off.
This DJI Mavic Pro clone comes with a 3.7V 900mAh LiPo battery which provides about 10 minutes of flight time.
VISUO XS809W (Mavic Pro Clone) Specifications
- Main Material: ABS
- Motor type: Coreless motor
- Camera pixel: 2.0MP
- Recording resolution: 720P
- Function: forward/backward, up/down, left/right, sideward flight, hovering, 3D flips, H/L speed, headless mode, Wifi FPV, photo taking, video recording
- Remote distance: About 100m
- Charging time: About 50mins
- Flying time: About 10 minutes
- Quadcopter battery: 3.7V 900mAh LiPo battery
- Battery dimension: 74 * 31 * 11mm
- Transmitter battery: 3 * AA (not included)
- Unfolded: 32.5 * 32.5 * 6cm / 12.8 * 12.8 * 2.4in,
- Folded: 18 * 13 * 6cm / 7 * 5.1 * 2.4in
- Item weight: 118.4g
VISUO XS809W Drone Pricing and Photos
The VISUO XS809W is listed at a bit under the $50 mark, which seems like nothing compared to the around $999.99 you’d have to spend on a real DJI Mavic Pro.
However, you can use the coupon mentioned below to get a $10 discount which will being the price to well under $40!
In the end, the XS809W is a very basic WiFi FPV drone and you can find many with a similar price, but probably none will look as good as this one, plus it’s also foldable!