Cheerson have just launched the brand new Cheerson CX-OF, a tiny quadcopter that comes with features you’d find on bigger and more expensive drones, we’re mainly talking about the built-in optical flow positioning system and other smart functionalities.
The Cheerson CX-OF can indeed hover really precisely thanks to the optical flow sensor placed on the bottom of the drone. The same sensor allows you to control it using your hands underneath it. The CX-OF also comes with an advanced barometer so that it can maintain the same altitude over time or be command to take off / land down.
Cheerson’s CX-OF packs a camera at the front with a resolution of 0.3MP, which can record videos or snap photos. The live footage can also be transmitter your smartphone via WiFi for a really easy to handle FPV experience. Through the Android or iOS app, you can also give the drone directions, draw paths to follow and other smart features.
Lastly, the Cheerson CX-OF is equipped with a 3.7V 150mAh LiPo battery which should grant around 5 minutes of flight time.
Cheerson CX-OF Specifications
- Main Material: ABS
- Color: Red / Blue optional
- Motor type: Coreless motor
- Camera pixel: 0.3MP
- Function: forward/backward, up/down, left/right, sideward flight, hovering, 3D flips, Wifi FPV, photo taking, video recording
- Controller Mode: Mode 2
- Remote distance: About 30m
- Charging time: About 45mins
- Flying time: About 5 minutes
- Quadcopter battery: 3.7V 150mAh LiPo battery
- Transmitter battery: 3.7V 120mAh LiPo battery (built-in)
- Optical Flow effective range: 3-5m
- Item size: 68 * 68 * 33mm
- Item weight: 24g
Cheerson CX-OF Pricing and Photos
The Cheerson CX-OF will set you back $32.99 on retailer sites such as RCMoment. The drone is a great option for beginners and people who want to fly indoors quite safely, as the optical flow sensor will keep the tiny quadcopter stable in the air wherever you leave it.