When you thought you’ve seen everything in the drones world, here comes the FLYPRO Sepia, a ball-shaped drone with a built-in camera and other flight functionalities. They also call it the “Detective Artifact”; let’s learn more about it!
The FLYPRO Sepia is one of the many WiFi FPV drones you can find on the market, but as you can see the company gave it a unique look. What’s somewhat disappointing is that the four arms don’t actually fold up and transform it into an easy-to-carry around ball, instead, they’re locked in their flight position.
As we just mentioned above, the drone comes with WiFi FPV, more specifically it uses a 1MP camera which can record 720p videos that you can see live on your smartphone through WiFi. The Sepia can even take 360-degree panoramic photos if you command it to.
Other features include Altitude Hold mode to keep it automatically flying at a certain height, One Key Take Off / Landing, it can follow paths you draw and it can be controlled using the G-sensor of your smartphone.
The FLYPRO Sepia packs a 7.4V 530mAh lipo battery for about 6 to 8 minutes of flight time.
FLYPRO Sepia Specifications
- Wifi FPV transmission: ＞30m
- Built-in gyro: 6-axis
- APP required operating systems: iOS 6.0 or later
Android 4.2 or later
- Wheelbase: 130mm
- Max ascent speed: 1.5m/s
- Max descent speed: 1.5m/s
- Max horizontal flight speed: 3m/s
- Max tilt angle: 20°
- Propeller: 3 inch 3-blade propeller
- Motor: Brushed 8520
- Camera resolution: 1 million pixels
- Video resolution: 720P/15fps
- Battery: 7.4V 530mAh lipo battery (included)
- Flying time: about 6-8mins
- Charging time: About 60mins
- Product size: 178 * 178 * 87mm
- Product weight(include battery): About 125g
FLYPRO Sepia Pricing and Photos
The FLYPRO Sepia comes with a $75 price tag on websites such as Cafago (however, you can get a $9 discount using coupon AGRM827 at checkout). If you like the unique shape and some of its advanced features such as flight path drawing and 360-degree photos then give it a try.