A drone heavily inspired by the Hover Camera Passport has been launched recently – it’s called GTENG T908W. The new aircraft does indeed feature the same plastic cages around each propeller, to both improve durability and make it safer to fly at home or near people.
Differently, from the Hover Camera Passport, the arms and propellers on the GTENG T908W do not fold up but they can be completely removed. Same treatment for the 0.3MP camera module which can be taken apart as well.
As most of these cheaper drones equipped with cameras, the T908W can do WiFi FPV over your smartphone, but unlike others, this one also comes with a dedicated remote controller for a better flying experience; you can still fly it with your phone if you prefer, though.
The GTENG T908W features Altitude Hold mode, One Key Take Off / Landing, an emergency stop function, path drawing and G-sensor mode flying. The drone packs a 3.7V 750mAh Lipo battery for about 6 to 8 minutes of flight time.
GTENG T908W Specifications
- Remote control: 2.4GHz (mode 1/2)
- Channels: 4 Channels
- Gyro: 6 Axis gyro
- Remote control distance: Above 40m
- Wifi FPV transmission distance: Above 35m
- Motor: 8520 coreless motor
- Camera pixel: 0.3MP
- Drone battery: 3.7V 750mAh Lipo (built-in)
- Charging time: About 90mins
- Flying time: About 6-8mins
- Controller battery: 2 * AAA battery ( not included )
- Function: Up/down, turn left/right, forward/backward, left/right sideward flight, headless mode, one key return, wifi FPV, 0.3MP camera, barometer set height etc
- Product size: 180 * 172 * 35mm / 7.08 * 6.77 * 1.37in
GTENG T908W Pricing and Photos
GTENG T908W can be found for around $46.99 on online retail sites such as Cafago (use coupon STRM18 to get $2 off). The drone isn’t one of the cheapest but its fully modular and very durable design might attract some of you, plus it also comes with its own remote controller which is not something you usually see on cheaper WiFi FPV drones.