A new quadcopter – mysteriously named S10 – just hit the market. The drone albeit being seemingly brand-less does feature a somewhat interesting hardware setup, so let’s check it out together, shall we?
The S10 is a drone aimed at capturing aerial footage, as the DJI Phantom-ish look implies. The cheaper quadcopter packs a 2.0MP camera that is able to capture HD video as well as transmitting it to your mobile device via WiFi for a real-time view, of course it can also snap photos at 2MP.
Other than the camera, the affordable drone also features Altitude Hold mode, which isn’t too common in its price segment, plus it can be controlled via smartphone with the G-sensor mode if you want to. Additional features include One Key Return, Track Flight, Headless Mode and 360-degree flips.
- Remote controller: 2.4G Remote Control & Wifi App Controlled
- Gyroscope: Six axis
- Main material: ABS
- Battery charger: USB plug
- Camera: 2.0MP
- FPV transmission: Wifi
- Functions: Sideward flight/Turn left/right,Up/down,Forward/backward/One key takeoff/One key landing/One key return/WIFI FPV/Headless Mode/Altitude Hold/Speed Switch/3D flip
- Control Distance: about 100m
- FPV Transmission Distance: about 40m
- Quadcopter Battery: 3.7V 650mAh lipo battery
- Battery Size: 43 * 25 * 7mm
- Battery for Controller: 4 * AA battery(not included)
- Charging time: about 60 minutes
- Working time: about 7 minutes
- Product weight: about 122g(within battery)
- Product size: 270 * 270 * 130mm
S10 Pricing and Photos
The S10 can be found on sites such as Tomtop for just $48.99. Which is quite a good considering the features it packs, among which we have Altitude Hold Mode and the 2MP camera.
If you want to purchase one, you can save an extra $5 by using the coupon code HTY5SG.