Chinese start-up – Ryze – and world’s leader in commercial drones – DJI – have partnered up to launch the Ryze TELLO, a quadcopter that can be really compared to some of previous Parrot drones.
The TELLO comes weighing just 80 grams and it’s based on the same processor equipped on the DJI Spark, the Intel Movidius Myriad 2 VPU. The Drone packs brushed motors and a 5MP camera that can shoot 2592×1036 res photos and record 720p videos at 30fps with an 82.6-degree FOV; there’s also EIS (Electronics Image Stabilization) for added steadiness.
Ryze’s drone can fly at speeds of up to 8m/s for up to 13 minutes and a maximum distance of 100 meters. There’s no GPS on the drone but a VPS (Vision Positioning System) is available, which means a camera will take note of the ground below and keep the drone stable, the Range Finger and barometer will then provide additional help.
The Ryze TELLO can be flown via WiFi through your smartphone or using a compatible Bluetooth controller. Finally, you can fly the drone using the different built-in features such as “Throw & Go” to fly it by tossing it in the air; “8D Flips” if you want to slide on the screen to perform stunts; and “Bounce Mode” to make TELLO fly up and down from your hand automatically.
Ryze TELLO Specifications
- Built-in function: Infrared High Hold Mode, Barometer High Hold Mode, LED Lights,
- Under Visual, WiFi Connection, HD 720P FPV
- Interface: Micro USB Charging Interface
- Propeller: 3 inch
- Flight performance: Max Flight Distance 100m
- Max Flight Speed: 8m/s
- Max Flight Time: 13 minutes
- Battery Removable battery: 1.1Ah/3.8V 1100mAh Lipo
- Camera Photo Resolution: 5MP
- FOV: 82.6°
- Video Resolution: HD 720P 30
- Format: JPG(Photo), MP4(Video)
- Electronic image stabilization: Support