Drone manufacturer XINLIN SHIYE are coming back after a long break and they’re doing it with a bang. Their latest XINLIN SHIYE X198 drones does indeed pack some top notch hardware while still costing less than $200; let’s learn more about it!
The XINLIN SHIYE X198 comes with tons of pro features, so let’s begin with the most interesting ones: brushless motors and GPS positioning. Sadly, the motors haven’t been specified, but what we know about the GPS positioning is that it features two GPS modules, one on the drone and the other on the transmitter; this allows the drone to provide the Follow Me function. The X198 also features Headless Mode, OneKey Return, Waypoints and Altitude Hold Mode
The drone is available in two version with either a 2MP that can shoot 720p videos and a 5MP variant to record 1080p footage. The video can be transmitter to a compatible through 5Ghz WiFi for a maximum distance of 300 meters.
Finally, the XINLIN SHIYE X198 packs a large 7.4V 2000mAh Lipo battery that paired with the power efficient brushless motor provide a nice 20 minutes of flight time.
XINLIN SHIYE X198 Specifications
- Frequency: 2.4G
- Quadcopter Size: 29*29*9.5cm
- Package Size: 37.5*19*25cm
- Weight(including the battery):360g
- Battery: 7.4V 2000mAh Lipo.
- Motor: Brushless motor
- Flight time: about 20minutes
- Charging time: about 240 minutes
- Camera:2MP 720P/ 5MP 1080P (Optional)
- Camera Type: 120°Wide-Angle
- Transmitter Battery: 4 * AA Battery(Not included)
- Flight Distance: About 400 meters
- 5G WiFi transmission distance: About 300 meters
XINLIN SHIYE X198 Pricing & Photos
As we previously mentioned the XINLIN SHIYE X198 is available in two versions. The cheaper with the 2MP camera goes for $149.99, meanwhile the more premium variant will set you back $159.99. Learn more about both drones on their product page.