Chinese start-up – Ryze – and world’s leader in commercial drones – DJI – recently have joint forces to release the Ryze TELLO, a quite “affordable” (for DJI) quadcopter that resembles in some ways the successful Parrot drones. Today, you’ll be able to get it $14 off with the coupon we provide at the end of the article; keep reading to learn more!
The Ryze TELLO is a very light flier coming at just 80 grams and it’s also smart as it’s based on the same processor equipped on the DJI Spark, the Intel Movidius Myriad 2 VPU. The drone is packed with brushed motors and a 5MP camera that can shoot 2592×1036 res photos and record 720p videos at 30fps with an 82.6-degree FOV; there’s also EIS (Electronics Image Stabilization) for added steadiness.
Ryze’s drone can fly at speeds of up to 8m/s for up to 13 minutes and a maximum distance of 100 meters. There’s no GPS on the drone but a VPS (Vision Positioning System) is available, which means a camera will take note of the ground below and keep the drone stable, the Range Finger and barometer will then provide additional help.
You can fly the Ryze TELLO both via WiFi (with your smartphone) or using a compatible Bluetooth controller. The drone also packs various features on-board such as “Throw & Go” to fly it by tossing it in the air; “8D Flips” if you want to slide on the screen to perform stunts; and “Bounce Mode” to make TELLO fly up and down from your hand automatically.
Ryze TELLO Specifications
- Built-in function: Infrared High Hold Mode, Barometer High Hold Mode, LED Lights,
- Under Visual, WiFi Connection, HD 720P FPV
- Interface: Micro USB Charging Interface
- Propeller: 3 inch
- Flight performance: Max Flight Distance 100m
- Max Flight Speed: 8m/s
- Max Flight Time: 13 minutes
- Battery Removable battery: 1.1Ah/3.8V 1100mAh Lipo
- Camera Photo Resolution: 5MP
- FOV: 82.6°
- Video Resolution: HD 720P 30
- Format: JPG(Photo), MP4(Video)
- Electronic image stabilization: Support